This policy applies to information held about clients and prospective clients, suppliers and prospective suppliers, artists, contacts and all other persons about whom Penwith Galleries Ltd. holds information. By ‘information,’ we mean personal information about you that we collect, use, and store. This information will have been given to us in connection with our business activities at the gallery.
What we collect
- your name
- your contact information such as your address, email address and telephone number
- information that you give us in person at the gallery, by filling in forms on our website to join our mailing list, or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise
How we gather this information
- collecting information you give to us when you purchase an artwork
- your completion of forms on our website
- in response to your verbal or written request
What we do with the information we gather
We use your information to:
- keep you informed about our exhibitions and gallery events
- carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us
- comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
Legal basis for processing
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
- for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us
- in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject
- for the performance of any contract to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into that contract
In relation to any processing of special categories of personal data, we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are:
- collecting personal information to provide you with an efficient client experience
- to make sure you receive updated information on our activities
- to provide the services you have requested
- for our own marketing and research.
Sharing your information
We will not share your personal information with third parties unless we have your express permission, or are required by law to do so.
We may share your information if required with law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so.
At any time, you have the right:
- to request access to, or a copy of, any personal data which we hold about you
- to rectification of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate
- to ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it
- to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section
Any request from you for access to, or a copy of, your personal data must be in writing and we will respond within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, please let us know if any of your personal details change by emailing email@example.com
We use your personal information to send you details and newsletters about exhibitions and events at the gallery. You can unsubscribe from receiving them at any time – details of how to unsubscribe will be included on each electronic mailing we send you.
You also have the option of “unsubscribing” from our mailing list at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will action any opt out request from you without delay.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic. We use traffic log cookies to identify web page usage and to improve our website in order to tailor it to our audience needs.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
When we collect personal data from you, we store it under strict safekeeping and confidentiality procedures. We use technical and organisational security measures to protect it against misuse.
Links to Other Sites
Please check these policies before you submit any data to these websites.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right (as a UK resident) to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.