GALLERY RENTAL INFORMATION
- The Penwith has two galleries available for hire: the Studio Gallery and the New Gallery.
- The galleries are hired for a period of four weeks, with extra days allocated for the putting up and taking down of work.
- Penwith Galleries Limited take 45% commission on all sales.
- Preferred dates should be included, although the committee may not always be able to accommodate these.
- All applications will be considered by the committee. Your proposal will be looked at in the January prior to your selected exhibition year (e.g. for the May 2026 exhibition slot, the application would be looked at in January 2025). You will be notified of the committee’s decision by email.
- All exhibitions are advertised on our website and social media pages.
- Invitations will be sent to our member and client mailing lists by email.
- The gallery designs a poster for each exhibition, unless otherwise requested, and ask that any promotional material complies with our branding guidelines.
Proposals to the Penwith Society of Arts for the hiring of the New Gallery or Studio Gallery:
- Applications to hire the New or Studio Gallery should go to Penwith Gallery (email@example.com) who will forward them to the PSA committee for consideration.
- Proposals should be prepared ready for viewing on a monitor. Please prepare this as either a PowerPoint presentation or PDF, containing a short written explanation of the show and 4 images of work by each artist. The jpg images should be under 2MB.
- In order to keep our programme fresh and varied, any artist will only be allowed one showing in the hired spaces per year, whether as an indivual or part of a group.
- Full PSA Members do not have to make a proposal but any artist accompanying them should provide a slide show with 4 images.
- Your email to the Gallery with your proposal slide show should also contain a booking request form which can be found below.
- These proposals will be accessed by the PSA committee, and Penwith Galleries will inform you of the result and process your booking. A non-refundable 25% deposit is required to secure your exhibition.